I have to admit that I was VERY nervous thinking about the interview. I have had many experiences interviewing and have even interviewed people myself, so feeling this way was a surprise for me. I was assigned to interview with my own superintendent, Craig Wheaton. I thought that this would be a “make it or break it” type of session. It was a valuable experience and I received great feedback. Because previous interviews were running late, we were short on time. Dr. Wheaton invited me to schedule a meeting with him if I have more questions about the process. I thought this was very nice! One thing I would change is that I was given feedback after every question answered. This made me a little more nervous when I was answering the next question because I was trying to process the feedback on the question before. Just a minor change, but overall, I really enjoyed the experience.
As I reflect on the past 18 months of the program, I feel very blessed. There were definitely struggles trying to juggle life and the requirements of the program. I am very thankful to have developed the friendships with my Visalia cohort. We were a tight, small-knit group that grew close and supported each other along the way. Our professors were outstanding and supportive. I will like to give a special thank you for Dr. Wise and Dr. Buster for all of their help this semester. I gleaned many lessons from their experiences and advice. Many thanks to the Sanger cohort for hosting our supervision class. I enjoyed meeting and learning from each one of you. I hope that we all keep in touch.
I wish everyone the best in their future leadership roles!
~ Linda
No comments:
Post a Comment