Our final two assignments for this class were to create a Professional Development Growth Plan and our Capstone Paper.
I feel like for the past 18 months, I have been on a learning and growth continuum. I am thankful for each one of my professors for teaching me new concepts that have helped me on my journey in educational leadership. I feel like I have gained a wealth of knowledge from my classes, books read, and the great discussions with my classmates. I chose to focus my professional development plan on building teacher’s capacity in RtI. My Master’s project was centered on getting a snapshot of my school site’s current reality and desired future state. My professional development growth plan expands on my project in that I plan to present a PowerPoint at our next staff development day in January. My PowerPoint will build background by giving a history of RtI, as well as teach the major components to the entire staff. Next, the PowerPoint will present the findings from my surveys, interviews, and focus groups. Last, I will provide recommendations for possible next steps that my school can take as we continue to improve the way we respond to OUR students’ learning needs.
My Capstone Paper required me to look at the current reality and develop a desired future for my school site. To complete this assignment, I looked at my school site’s Single Plan for Student Achievement, student performance data, school budget, and resources such as personnel and time. I also have held several great discussions with my principal. This assignment was valuable in that I needed to examine how an entire school system operates, which is something we will need to do early in our first leadership assignment. Evaluating what we currently have, setting a vision/plan for where we need to be, and aligning all resources to meet the school’s goals in improving student achievement is absolutely essential. I am thankful that this assignment gave me that challenge and experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment